Friday, February 20, 2009

Why Won't Those Booties Stay On?

Other mother's have told me this. Booties just don't stay on the babies feet. Well Eva is no exception. She loves to kick and fidget and let me tell you, the booties will stay on only for about 5 minutes at the most.

booties on.

Right booty coming off.

Almost off.


It's gone.


Left booty coming off.


They are gone!


What cute feet!
Jeff tells me that Eva has my feet. He may be right. Eva's feet are beautiful and perfect! But really what Jeff is referring to is the fact she can spread her toes wide and grip things with her toes (like your fingers). We'll see if she will develop the infamous Gritsch foot (the extra wide and sturdy foot inherited from my father's mother). Dad wears a triple E wide shoe, and my feet are likewise quite wide.

Other than that, Eva is gaining weight now that she is being supplemented with formula. She weighed 7 pounds as of last Monday, and I can only guess weighs more now. My milk production hasn't increased that much, but the last recorded feeding she got over an ounce from me. Still not enough, but an improvement. I'm now taking Reglan (metoclopramide), with no apparent negative effects. I feel strange taking medication after having a natural labor and everything, but I feel I should try to do everything I can. Breast milk is best for babies after all.